Recipe by Jazz Lover
From Taste of Home
Top Review by Top of the Hill
I made this for a friend who just had a baby, I took it with crackers/butter already mixed in a baggy on top and wrote instructions on the baggy when I dropped it off. They loved it and wanted the recipe. I was out of cream of chicken, substituted canned cheddar soup and added poultry seasoning and some garlic to mix to make up for it the seasoning. Worked well. Used shredded chicken instead of cubed. Considered adding frozen veggies to "healthy" it up, but didn't want to mess with recipe I knew worked since I had already done some substituting. Thanks.
- 2 cups sour cream
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- 1 3⁄4 cups butter-flavored cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream, soup and poppy seeds.
- Stir in chicken.
- Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- Combine the cracker crumbs and butter; spinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.