Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Taste of Home
- 2 cups sour cream
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- 1 3⁄4 cups butter-flavored cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream, soup and poppy seeds.
- Stir in chicken.
- Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- Combine the cracker crumbs and butter; spinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
I made this for a friend who just had a baby, I took it with crackers/butter already mixed in a baggy on top and wrote instructions on the baggy when I dropped it off. They loved it and wanted the recipe. I was out of cream of chicken, substituted canned cheddar soup and added poultry seasoning and some garlic to mix to make up for it the seasoning. Worked well. Used shredded chicken instead of cubed. Considered adding frozen veggies to "healthy" it up, but didn't want to mess with recipe I knew worked since I had already done some substituting. Thanks.
Can't get much easier or more delicious! This a great make-ahead recipe. Complete steps 1-3, put in the fridge, then when you're ready to cook it, top it with the buttered cracker crumbs. Thanks for posting! Made for My 3 Chefs for my "Get Over Your Canned Soup Phobia!" theme.