Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Hershey's. These look delicious!
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips (12 oz. package)
- 2 cups whipping cream, chilled
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- additional sugar
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Heat oven to 375°F Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- Stir together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Stir whipping cream into flour mixture, stirring just until ingredients are moistened.
- Turn mixture out onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently until soft dough forms (about 2 minutes).
- Pat dough into 4-1/2 x 16-inch rectangle about 1-1/4 inches high.
- Divide rectangle into 12 smaller rectangles each measuring 1-1/2 by 4 inches. Cut each rectangle diagonally, forming a total of 24 triangles.
- Transfer triangles to prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with powdered sugar, if desired.
My 11-year old made these for teacher gifts. We substituted 1-3/4 cups mini chocolate chips for the dark chocolate. The recipe was easy for her to follow and they tasted delicious. Thanks!
This was my first attempt at scones. I thought they turned out well. I did not sprinkle them with powdered sugar, and they were not overly sweet which was good for us. Since this makes 2 dozen, I intend to freeze the extras for later in the week. I will update my review to say how well they froze.