Recipe by Marsha D.
This is a recipe from my own kitchen. I needed to use up some of the things I had in my pantry and spice cabinet so I decided to make a breading for chicken breast fillets. You can also serve these chicken fillets with cooked veggies or some kind of salad instead of sandwich. My husband was so surpised when he took a bite my special breaded chicken. He loved it! He mention that this would also be good with a white chicken gravy.
- 118.29 ml Frito Scoops, crushed (I use Tostitos Scoops)
- 118.29 ml dry instant mashed potatoes, crumbs
- 4.92 ml parsley flakes
- 4.92 ml poultry seasoning
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 78.07 ml parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 118.29 ml milk
- 59.14 ml self-rising flour
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2-4 chicken breast fillets
- 5-6 slice bacon, fried and crumbled (reserve bacon grease for frying chicken breast)
- onion (optional)
- pickle (optional)
- Dijon mustard
- bread bun
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large frying pan, fry bacon til crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan and reserve grease for frying chicken breast. Set aside bacon to drain on a paper towel to cool.
- In a medium bowl combine crushed (frito)tostitos scoops,dry instant pototoes,parsley flakes,poultry seasoning, onion powder and parmesan cheese, set aside.
- In another bowl combine egg,milk,flour and salt & pepper, set aside.
- Dip chicken breast fillets in batter mixture than into breading mixture and place in hot bacon grease.
- Fry on medium heat, turning fillets every 10 minutes to keep from burning for 30 to 45 minutes, depending on how thick the fillets are.
- Make sandwich with bread buns,tomato,lettuce,onion(opt),pickles(opt),bacon, Mayonnaise and Dijon Mustard and serve with your favorite chips or a cold macaroni or potato salad.