1/1 Photo of Special Country Breaded Chicken Sandwich
Marsha D.'s Note:
This is a recipe from my own kitchen. I needed to use up some of the things I had in my pantry and spice cabinet so I decided to make a breading for chicken breast fillets. You can also serve these chicken fillets with cooked veggies or some kind of salad instead of sandwich. My husband was so surpised when he took a bite my special breaded chicken. He loved it! He mention that this would also be good with a white chicken gravy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup Frito Scoops, crushed (I use Tostitos Scoops)
- 1/2 cup dry instant mashed potatoes, crumbs
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1In a large frying pan, fry bacon til crisp.
- 2Remove bacon from pan and reserve grease for frying chicken breast. Set aside bacon to drain on a paper towel to cool.
- 3In a medium bowl combine crushed (frito)tostitos scoops,dry instant pototoes,parsley flakes,poultry seasoning, onion powder and parmesan cheese, set aside.
- 4In another bowl combine egg,milk,flour and salt & pepper, set aside.
- 5Dip chicken breast fillets in batter mixture than into breading mixture and place in hot bacon grease.
- 6Fry on medium heat, turning fillets every 10 minutes to keep from burning for 30 to 45 minutes, depending on how thick the fillets are.
- 7Make sandwich with bread buns,tomato,lettuce,onion(opt),pickles(opt),bacon, Mayonnaise and Dijon Mustard and serve with your favorite chips or a cold macaroni or potato salad.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Special Country Breaded Chicken Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.1
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 167.4 mg
- Sodium 1585.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 20.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets