Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I tasted this recipe many years ago at my best friend's mom's house. I had to have the recipe. She used to make it for wedding showers or other large functions and everyone loved it. It has a wonderful sweet, tangy dressing.
- 1 head cabbage, shredded
- 5 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion flakes
- 2⁄3 cup vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine cabbage, carrots, celery and onion flakes in a large bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture.
- Let sit for several hours or overnight before serving.
Wonderful! This is a nice alternative to the slaws made with so much mayo you can hardly find the cabbage. The celery was an ingredient I'd not used in coleslaw before. It gave it a nice crunch. Thanks!