Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From Taste of Home. Tender, sweet and indulgent....
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup warm water (110 to 115 )
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups milk, warm (110 to 115 )
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add next seven ingredients;mix well (do not knead).
- Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch down.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half.
- Roll each half into a 12-in. x 8-in.rectangle; brush with butter.
- Combine filling ingredients; spread over dough.
- Roll up from long side;seal seam.
- Slice each roll into 12 rolls; place cut side down in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pans.
- Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over rolls.
- Cool in pans on wire racks.
- Yield: 2 dozen.
I'm used to the gooey stuff on the bottom of cinnamon rolls, but I'm not knockin' these VERY TASTY BUGGERS, believe me! Followed the recipe for a very satisfying cinnamon roll fest! I managed to farm half of them out to neighbor kids, but the rest of them were devoured by the 2 of us! Thanks for sharing a nice recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #20]