Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Oh so delicious (and easy) in a graham cracker crust! I could barely get the filling into the pan before I ate all of it. Make sure to save some for spoon-licking!
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- 1 (14 ounce) package silken tofu
- 1⁄2 cup girhardelli double chocolate cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- boiling water
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Blend tofu until creamy in a food processor or blender.
- Add other ingredients gradually, scraping the sides until the mixture is thoroughly blended. Set the kettle to boil water.
- Pour the delectable filling into your prepared crust of choice and set into a larger baking pan. Set this onto oven rack and pour boiling water into baking pan (the steam will help prevent the pie from cracking).
- Bake 25-30 minutes and then chill for at least one hour.
- Serve garnished as you wish, with berries, orange slices or whipped cream.
I'm not used to using tofu, but considering how healthy it is, this wasn't a bad recipe. Next time, I would add more sugar I think. It seemed better a couple days later, and of course with Cool Whip on it. DD really liked it and wanted the recipe, but she appreciated that it wasn't too sweet.