Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the Jerusalem Post
Make and share this Special Chocolate Eggnog recipe from Food.com.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 12 ounces milk (1.5 cup)
- 4 ounces light rum (0.5 cup) or 4 ounces brandy (0.5 cup)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces whipping cream, whipped to soft-peak stage (1.5 cup)
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup grated semisweet chocolate
- In large bowl, beat together yolks, sugar, cocoa and vanilla until thick and smooth.
- Slowly stir in milk and rum, mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate until just before serving, at least two hours, so mixture becomes very cold.
- Beat whites with salt to soft peaks.
- Fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture, gently fold in whites.
- Serve immediately, garnished with grated chocolate.