From the Jerusalem Post
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 12 ounces milk (1.5 cup)
- 4 ounces light rum (0.5 cup) or 4 ounces brandy (0.5 cup)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces whipping cream, whipped to soft-peak stage (1.5 cup)
- 1/4-1/3 cup grated semisweet chocolate
- 1In large bowl, beat together yolks, sugar, cocoa and vanilla until thick and smooth.
- 2Slowly stir in milk and rum, mix well.
- 3Cover and refrigerate until just before serving, at least two hours, so mixture becomes very cold.
- 4Beat whites with salt to soft peaks.
- 5Fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture, gently fold in whites.
- 6Serve immediately, garnished with grated chocolate.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Special Chocolate Eggnog
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.4
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 170.4 mg
- Sodium 118.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 7.4 g