Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This dish can be prepared ahead of time; refrigerated and cooked just before serving.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 6 ounces swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In skillet heat oil and 1Tblsp butter.
- Add mushrooms and garlic; sauté a few minutes.
- Place mushroom in a casserole.
- Dip chicken in beaten egg; then roll in breadcrumbs.
- In skillet heat remaining butter and more oil if necessary.
- Brown chicken on both sides.
- Place chicken on top of mushrooms.
- Deglaze pan with chicken broth; pour in casserole.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or.
- until chicken is chicken is cooked.
- Top with cheese and bake another 15 minutes.
- Serve with pasta or rice.
- I use 1/4 cup Egg Beaters to replace the egg.
Simply delicious. My chicken breasts were quite thick so I pounded them down to an even thickness before dipping in seasoned flour, then the egg and breadcrumbs. When ready the chicken was meltingly tender. A really tasty meal which will certainly be cooked many times in my house in the future.
Very good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written. The whole family enjoyed it except my kids pushed off the mushrooms but enjoyed the dish just the same :)
Sensational chicken recipe, worthy of serving to company. The recipe was simple to prepare, and the ingredients gave a wonderful flavor to the chicken. Made for ZWTIII