This dish can be prepared ahead of time; refrigerated and cooked just before serving.
Make and share this Special Chicken With Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In skillet heat oil and 1Tblsp butter.
- Add mushrooms and garlic; sauté a few minutes.
- Place mushroom in a casserole.
- Dip chicken in beaten egg; then roll in breadcrumbs.
- In skillet heat remaining butter and more oil if necessary.
- Brown chicken on both sides.
- Place chicken on top of mushrooms.
- Deglaze pan with chicken broth; pour in casserole.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or.
- until chicken is chicken is cooked.
- Top with cheese and bake another 15 minutes.
- Serve with pasta or rice.
- I use 1/4 cup Egg Beaters to replace the egg.