Recipe by RecipeMonster
This is a dish I've been making for years,It's from an old Minute Rice cook book. I don't use Minutes Rice, I use White or brown Basmati rice. A good quick meal.
- 2 cups Minute Rice (cooked, or other cooked rice)
- 1 1⁄2 green peppers, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup onion, sliced
- 2 -3 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cups cooked chicken, slivered
- 3 tomatoes, ripe, cut into thin wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Keep rice warm.
- Cook green peppers, onions, and celery in oil in covered skillet over low heat until tender but not brown.
- Blend cornstarch with small amount of chicken stock.
- Add remaining chicken stock and soy sauce.
- Gently stir chicken and stock into the veggies.
- Cook and stir until sauce is clear and thickened.
- Add tomatoes and cook just until heated through. Serve over rice.