This is a dish I've been making for years,It's from an old Minute Rice cook book. I don't use Minutes Rice, I use White or brown Basmati rice. A good quick meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups Minute Rice (cooked, or other cooked rice)
- 1 1/2 green peppers, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup onion, sliced
- 2 -3 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cups cooked chicken, slivered
- 3 tomatoes, ripe, cut into thin wedges
- 1Keep rice warm.
- 2Cook green peppers, onions, and celery in oil in covered skillet over low heat until tender but not brown.
- 3Blend cornstarch with small amount of chicken stock.
- 4Add remaining chicken stock and soy sauce.
- 5Gently stir chicken and stock into the veggies.
- 6Cook and stir until sauce is clear and thickened.
- 7Add tomatoes and cook just until heated through. Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Special Chicken and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 509.6
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 56.1 mg
- Sodium 1006.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 27.2 g