Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Chicken good enough for company. An easy, delightful dish to make.
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless and skinless if desired)
- 1⁄8 cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- garlic powder, salt,and pepper to taste
- 4 slices bacon, fried and crumbled (more if you like)
- sliced green olives
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Place chicken pieces in baking dish.
- Pour wine and lemon juice over chicken.
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- (I sometimes add some Italian bread crumbs to the cheese).
- Bake at 350 for approximately 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle the bacon and sliced green olives on the chicken and baste with the juices in pan.
- Bake about another 15 minutes.
Ann, my family of reviewers hovered between a 4 and a 5 but I got to cast the deciding vote! This was so easy, tasty and effective! I just bought the yummiest green olives stuffed with anchovies, and they suited this recipe so well. I used the bread crumbs, and I think next time I will also add a few pickled jalepenos (only discovered them when I discovered Zaar. This is a chicken recipe I plan to make again soon!