Recipe by andypandy
I use this for my base of a lot of my cheesecakes, instead of the cookie crumbs..takes a few minutes more, but always well worth it... This can be made by hand or with your food processor.
- 3⁄4 cup all purpose unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 cup self rising flour
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chilled lightly-salted butter, cut in to cubes
- 2 large egg yolks
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir the flours, and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Cut in the chilled pieces of butter until coarse meal.
- Add the egg yolks and stir with a fork until a dough forms.
- Chill wrapped if it feels too warm at this point.
- Bring slightly to room temperature before using.
- Roll out as any pastry on a lightly floured board, and place onto bottom of pan.
- Can also make strips and place around bottom creating a side.
- I always slightly prick with a fork on bottom, and chill again.
- Fill with prepared filling of choice, and bake according to your recipe.
- This will make a nice 9 inch spring form pan crust.
- This also can be made by pulsing in your food processor.