Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is very delicious! Serve over garlic mashed potatoes and fresh frozen peas.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs calf liver or 1 1⁄2 lbs baby beef liver, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter (or bacon drippings)
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Season liver with salt and cayenne.
- Preheat frypan.
- Melt butter and saute onions until tender.
- Add liver and brown on all sides.
- Add mushrooms with liquid.
- Reduce heat, simmer covered for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and continue cooking for an additional 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce.
Hello Derf, we used calves liver, fresh mushrooms, and low-fat(what a hoot!)sour cream. It was fantastic! We served it with brown rice with green onions & almonds, and haricots vert - what a sumptious meal! Thank you so much for posting, it was delightful! Diane :=)
Delicious! I'm making myself learn to enjoy liver and this is a wonderful start to the endeavor. I used fresh mushrooms, sauted in butter, and cooked bacon in with the liver. I'm looking forward to the leftover :D
This was excellent!!! It was like dying and going to heaven.