Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe by Kathy Kasten for the "From the Governor's Pantry" cookbook, Lind House Association in New Ulm, Minnesota, July 1988. The book is dedicated to the many volunteers who had donated their time, talents and money to restore the John Lind home. Kathy noted that this makes an excellent light meal when served with sandwiches- a quick homemade soup.
- 3 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- Saute the three vegetables in 1/4 cup butter until tender crisp.
- Add the milk and cream of chicken soup.
- Heat thoroughly but do not boil.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with pepper and paprika.