Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A new twist on roast beef. Perfect on crusty rolls with the juice for dipping. Yum! The serving size is a guess-timate. It will depend on how thinly the roast is sliced.
- 5 lbs beef eye round
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 2 cups beef consomme
- 2 (8 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion
- Sear the roast in skillet.
- Remove roast to a roasting pan and add the remaining ingredients to the skillet and cook until the onion is soft.
- Pour consomme mixture over the roast, cover and cook for 4 hours at 350.