Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Adapted from The Master Chef's Outdoor Grill Cookbook. Cook time is chilling time.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 12 fresh mint leaves, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, split
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- Combine all ingredients.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- Remove garlic and mint leaves.
- Use as a basting sauce for grilled lamb.
This was a nice marinade. I wasn't sure whether the lamb needed to marinate for the 8 hours, so I did one lamb chop in the marinade and didn't do the other one. Obviously, the one that marinated for that long had a deeper flavor. Loved the mint and rosemary in this. Thanks Chocolatl for sharing. Made for your win in the Trivia Game.