Recipe by Perfect Pixie
These are special beacuase they taste different to any other blueberry muffin, I love these, I eat them for breakfast sometimes with a yoghurt before school, they are really really good. NOTE: you will not need all of the cinnamon sugar, just 3 tablespoons
Top Review by Jcooks4HisLittles
I agree this recipe was great. I will be making these again. They went fast. The orange was a delicious addition. I used cooking spray in my pan with no paper. Came out perfect. I didn't measure the blues, just threw in what I had on hand. Excellent job!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 50 g butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 orange, juice and rind of (1/2 cup juice)
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
cinnamon sugar (use 3 tablespoons)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- mix flour, baking powder and baking soda together in a large bowl.
- in another add the melted butter, then add the sugar, mashed banana, vanilla, eggs, milk, orange juice and rind.
- mix with a fork to combine.
- tip into dry ingredients and fold together until dry ingedients are barely damp.
- stir in the (thawed) blueberries, taking care not to overmix.
- spoon mixture into deep, buttered or sprayed muffin pans and sprinkle each muffin with 1/4 tsp cinnamon sugar.
- bake at 200 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until muffins spring back when pressed in centre.