Prep 25 mins
Cook 55 mins
Guests will feel your special treatment when you serve this classic dish, using convenience ingredients bursting with authentic flavor. Great for family dinner, too.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 (24 ounce) jarfresh mushroom italian pasta sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 ounces)
- 5 cups medium tube-shaped pasta, cooked and drained (ziti)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the beef, garlic and onion in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat until the beef is well browned, stirring often to break up the meat. Pour off any fat.
- Stir the sauce, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and pasta in saucepan. Spoon the mixture into a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbling.
This was good and easy to make. I used a 12 ounce box of ziti and 2 cups of mozz cheese but other then that I followed the recipe. We all enjoyed this.