Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A spearmint flavored iced tea for a change.
- 2 quarts water, divided
- 7 regular-size tea bags
- 12 sprigs spearmint
- 3 lemons, zest of
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (approximately 8 lemons)
- Bring 1 quart water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Remove from heat and add tea bags, mint and zest.
- Let these ingredients steep for 15 minutes and then strain into a 2-quart container.
- Stir in sugar and lemon juice.
- Add 1 quart water.
- Continue stirring until sugar has dissolved.
- Cool and serve over ice.
I cheated a little with this and just added the tea & spearmint to some of my home-made lemonade that I had on hand. This was lovely & refreshing & the subtle mint undertones were loevly. Thanks for posting!
Great tasting tea !! the spearmint really add a nice kick to this. A KEEPER !