Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My sister and I invented this recipe when we first moved out from home together. We called it Spartan Pasta because it has a Greek feel with the fetta and oregano, and because there isn't a lot to the recipe. It is surprisingly good! We like it best made with frilly fettuccine.
- 200 g long pasta
- 8 medium mushrooms, any variety,sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- 100 g reduced-fat feta cheese
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and add the pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, fry the mushrooms in a little oil and water.
- Divide the fetta in half and crumble it into the bowls.
- When the pasta is cooked, toss the oregano through the mushrooms.
- Pull the pasta out of the water with a pasta server so it stays quite wet and distribute it between the bowls.
- Toss the mushrooms on top.