Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Michael Chiarello's deliciosly light and refreshing sangria recipe.
- 1 cup brandy
- 1⁄2 cup orange-flavored liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup superfine sugar
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 (750 ml) bottles sparkling white wine
- In a large pitcher, combine the brandy and orange liquor.
- Pour in the sugar, stir or shake the pitcher thoroughly to mix until the sugar dissolves.
- Add all the fruit at once.
- Add the cava and serve as is or on ice.
Very pretty served in a glass pitcher. The flavor was just alright though.... I unfortunately did not have orange liquer, which I'm sure is where I went wrong. I did add a dash of Chambord- because it is what I had on hand. The taste was light and refreshing served over ice. I'll try it agin and not omit any essential ingredients!
Superb, almost better than mine!