Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
3rd place winner at 2007 Tales of the Cocktail ....found this evening listed on the SakeOne.com website. Developed by Michael Brewer - New Orleans, LA
- 1 1⁄2 ounces Momokawa diamond sake
- 1 1⁄2 ounces pama brand pomegranate liqueur
- splash grenadine, Stirrings brand
- 3 ounces moet & chandon white star champagne
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (mixed together with cayenne)
- Rim a 10 oz., chilled martini glass with the sugar cayenne mixture.
- Chill Pama Pomegranate Liqueur, Momokawa Diamond Sakè, and Stirrings grenadine in a shaker and strain in martini glass. Top with Moët & Chandon White Star and serve.
- Enjoy! ;).
I'll have to admit, right off the bat, that I made a 'low-rent' version of this cocktail. Seemed to work out just fine! I did forgo the sugar/pepper rim, but, I would add it next time! I used some sake I had on hand, not the one recommended in the recipe. I did use the Pama liqueur, but used a prosecco in place of the M & C White Star. The prosecco is a bit sweeter than the Moet, but I was aware of that beforehand. This is a great drink, and I'm sure the 'upscale' version is even better! Thanks for sharing, Mommy Diva! Made for ZWT.