Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Those who like rhubarb and plant their own will appreciate this refreshing summertime drink.
- 12 cups chopped rhubarb (fresh or frozen)
- 4 cups water
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups sugar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 liters carbonated lemon-lime beverage, chilled
- In Dutch oven, bring rhubarb and water to a boil. Boil for 15 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes; strain and reserve juice.
- Discard pulp.
- Add sugar and pineapple juice to reserved juice; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Chill thoroughly. Just before serving, add soda and ice cubes.
Wow, this is good Lainey. We enjoyed this flavourful spritzer over Easter. It was a big hit. The rhubarb and pineapple work really well together. I added 2 tsps of fresh lemon juice and topped it up with club soda instead of the lemon-lime soda. Thank you so much for a new family favourite.
My guests raved about this - easy to put together, beautiful color and refreshing to boot.
Mmmm! What a refreshing different drink! I halved the recipe since there's only 3 of us. I used diet soda and splenda. I actually used less than half of the lesser amount of sugar recommended which I found plenty sweet. I found the rhubarb taste mild yet very detectable, while the pineapple flavour was also present but even milder. A great mix of flavours for a very enjoyable drink. Reviewed during ZWT 4.