Prep 35 mins
Cook 3 mins
Delicious homemade lemonade! Nothing more refreshing! Recipe came from the August, 1999 issue of Bon Appetit Magazine
- 340.19 g package frozen unsweetened raspberries (about 3 cups)
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml water
- 22.18 ml grated lemons, rind of
- 236.59 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1000.0 ml bottlechilled sparkling water or 1000.0 ml bottle club soda
- ice cube
- fresh raspberry (optional)
- lemon slice
- Combine frozen raspberries, sugar and 1/2 cup water in medium saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves and berries thaw.
- Increase heat and boil 3 minutes.
- Strain raspberry mixture into bowl, pressing on solids to extract as much liquid as possible; discard solids in stainer.
- Mix lemon peel into raspberry syrup in bowl.
- Chill until cold.
- Stir raspberry syrup, lemon juice, and sparkling water in large pitcher to blend.
- Fill 6 glasses with ice cubes.
- Pour raspberry lemonade into glasses.
- Add fresh raspberries to each glass, if desired.
- Garnish with lemon slices and serve.
This is the most refreshing drink I have had on a hot summer day! When you add the ingredients in the correct amounts (I had to make it several times and try more of this and less of that) it is superb! An absolutel MUST when you are having company in the summer.
I made this for my class project, and everyone loved it. Thx v. much!!!
I served this on Christmas Eve to a gathering of 20 family members... We ALL loved it!!!!