Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This one speaks Italian.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 few drops fresh lemon juice
- 3 raspberries
- 2 tablespoons limoncello
- crushed ice, as needed
- 1⁄2 cup sparkling wine or 1⁄2 cup prosecco
- fresh mint leaves or lemon zest, strip (to garnish)
- On a small plate, stir together the sugar and grated lemon zest. Dip a clean finger in the lemon juice and moisten the rim of a Champagne flute or other wine glass. Dip the rim in the sugar mixture to coat.
- In a small bowl or ramekin, using a cocktail muddler or the end of a wooden spoon, pulverize the raspberries with the limoncello. Transfer the puree to the sugar-rimmed glass. Place a spoonful of crushed ice in the glass, then pour in the sparkling wine. Garnish with the mint leaves or lemon zest strip and serve immediately.