Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cool, refreshing lemonade, made to sparkle. Wonderful on a warm, sunny, summer afternoon. from Canadian Living mag.
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 1⁄2 cups lemon juice
- 1 cup fruit sugar or 1 cup berry sugar
- 1 (750 ml) bottle soda water
- thin lemon slice
- mint sprig
- In a large pitcher, combine cold water, lemon juice and sugar, stir until sugar dissolves.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, gradually add soda water down edge of pitcher, stir to mix.
- Pour lemonade over ice cubes in glasses.
- Garnish each serving with lemon slices and mint sprig.
Everyone who enjoys lemonade should try this one. A different recipe for an old time favourite drink for the summertime. Enjoy!!!
Calling ALL lemonade lovers--This is the drink for you!! This really added a summer feel to my dinner. I served this in a glass pitcher with the lemon slices and ice cubes floating on top and it looked picture perfect! I loved the flavour of this and it reminds me of Applebees' lemonade. I plan to make this often over the summer. Thanks for sharing this, I would have kept this secret to myself! ( oh and a funny story that I have to share--my grocery store was out of large bottles of club soda and so I bought a 12 pack of cans and stuck them in the fridge. Our exchange student who is always eager to try the many new things that are not available in China, like the wide variety of cereal and in particular all kinds of soft drinks. When he saw the new cans in the fridge he thought I had brought him some new pop to try!! After chugging a large amount and gagging on the taste he told me later that this was the worst pop he had every tasted! Later, as he drank it in this recipe he said it wasn't so bad--funny, eh?)
Easy, awesome refreshing taste and I left the mint in the bottles in the fridge and it infused beautifully overnight! mmm mmm mmmm!