Recipe by Annacia
A sparkling iced tea, a change from the ordinary, with a sweet and floral flavour. Prep time includes cooling time.
Top Review by IngridH
I drink a lot of iced tea, and this recipe will be added into my rotation. I cut the sugar in half to suit my taste, and only combined the tea and syrup in a pitcher in the fridge. Since I wasn't serving this all at once, I kept the sparkling water separate until ready to serve. That way I get the fizziness each time I pour a glass. I love Jasmine tea, and this is a wonderful way to enjoy it!
- 4 cups water, boiling
- 3 tablespoons loose jasmine tea
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (or to personal taste)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sparkling water
- cinnamon sticks, lemon slices or mint sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve sugar in 3/4 cup of water, and boil gently until a syrup has formed. Set aside and let cool.
- Steep the jasmine tea in the remaining 3 1/4 cups of hot water for around 6 minutes.
- Strain out tea, and let cool.
- In a pitcher, combine syrup and tea.
- Stir or whisk until fully blended.
- Add sparkling water and cool thoroughly.
- Serve over ice at once.
- Can be served with cinnamon sticks, lemon slices or mint sprigs.
- Makes 1 quart of iced tea.