Recipe by mielhollinger
Begin festivities with this perky ale. (This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan".)
Top Review by nomnom
I made this for my mom when she wasn't feeling well and asked me to pick up ginger ale. I thought of this recipe and decided to get the ginger ale and make this recipe. I used the powdered ginger, Splenda, and didn't strain. Mom didn't like the things floating around, but I enjoyed the drink. Not my favorite drink, but enjoyable. You'll have to like ginger in order to like this. My mom still prefers regular ginger ale. Thanks for the opportunity, though!
- 3 cups club soda
- 1⁄4 cup fresh ginger, grated (or 1 tsp powdered)
- 2 -4 tablespoons artificial sweetener (to taste)
- cinnamon stick (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together in a mason jar.
- (In order to avoid having to strain the ginger ale later, you can place the grated ginger in a tea ball.) Cap tightly and let steep in the fridge for about half an hour or more.
- Strain out ginger and serve with e cinnamon stick if desired.