Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Years ago I demonstrated for "Christmas Around the World". One of my hostesses served this to her guests and it was a really big hit! Obviously, I asked for the recipe. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- 2 quarts apple cider, chilled
- 1 cup lemon juice (fresh squeezed or Real Lemon)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (32 ounce) bottle ginger ale, chilled
- apples, slices or cinnamon stick (optional)
- In punch bowl, combine apple cider, lemon juice and sugar.
- Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Just before serving, add ginger ale.
- Garnish with apple or cinnamon stick.
- Serve over ice.
This was very delicious and quite refreshing! It gave the cider a "little lift" (I tasted them side by side). I was really suprised how good tasting it was, the ginger ale didn't take the apple taste away at all. I think this recipe will be an excellent one for use with ciders that have been pasteurized (and lost a little flavor as a result- most grocery store ciders are this way). Thanks for a great recipe!
Wow!! What a treat! I made up a batch last night for Thanksgiving dinner today - well, it didn't last an hour. Everyone got into it. It was delicious. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful recipe.
This is great, I'm going to make it for our Thanksgiving dinner this year too.