Recipe by Missy Wombat
Something a little different that I found in a cook book of mine. Sounds very easy and well worth trying! Times are rest times until drinkable.
- 10 bunches elderberry flowers (an umbel is a flower cluster all starting from the same point, literally a little umbrella)
- 1 lemon
- 350 ml water
- 8 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the elderberry flowers- they must be just in bloom.
- Cut the lemon into thin slices and mix with the flowers and the remaining ingredients in a reasonably large container.
- Cover the container and leave in a warm place.
- The juice can be drunk after 24 hours.
- If necessary add lemon and honey to taste.
- After 2-3 days the drink will begin to effervesce.
- Then sieve, put into screwtop bottles and store in a dark room.
- The juice will turn into sparkling wine in around 4 weeks.