Recipe by Charlotte J
This warm cranberry muffin, dipped in melted butter and then sugar, would be a delight on a cold snowy afternoon.
Top Review by bearwacket
These are very good even without the butter/sugar dip. I added some orange zest and a second egg because I could only get 1/2 cup of orange juice out of my two oranges. It worked!
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries or 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Combine cranberries and 2 tablespoons sugar in small bowl.
- Set aside.
- For the muffin mixture stir together flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Cut in 1/2 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in orange juice and egg just until moistened.
- Gently stir in cranberry-sugar mixture.
- Spoon batter into greased or paper-lined muffin pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan.
- Dip tops of muffins in 1/4 cup melted butter, then in sugar.
- Serve warm.