Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 mins
You won't hear a peep out of these birds--just cheers for more from family and friends!
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- yellow food coloring
- yellow sugar
- 1 (4 1/3 ounce) packageyellow frosting
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- candy sprinkles, heart decors
- In a medium bowl, sift flour and baking powder; set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg, whipping cream and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Stir in flour mixture into butter mixture until a stiff dough forms.
- Knead in yellow food coloring until blended.
- Wrap dough in waxed paper and chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Draw a chick and use it as a template, cut out shapes.
- Place shapes on ungreased baking sheets.
- Using a small spoon, sprinkle cutouts with yellow sugar.
- Bake cookies until set, 7-9 minutes.
- Place baking sheets on wire racks; cool slightly.
- Transfer cookies to racks; cool completely.
- Using yellow frosting fitted with a small writing tip, pipe outlines on cookies; pipe on wings.
- Place candy heart decors on beaks.
- Place melted chocolate in a resealable plastic bag; snip off 1 corner.
- Pipe on eyes.
- Happy Easter!