Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on recipegoldmine after realizing that I am not infusing enough holiday gifts. Well, I tried it and found it to be simple to make and very tasty. Went to the Dollar Tree and picked up some wine glasses for presentation and it's truly an adorable gift idea! Enjoy!
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups champagne or 1 3⁄4 cups rose wine
- 0.5 (3 ounce) bottle liquid fruit pectin
- Stir together sugar and champagne (or rose wine) in 3-quart glass casserole dish. Cover with lid or plastic wrap and microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes. Remove the cover. Stir mixture, replace cover and cook another 4 minutes.
- When mixture comes to a boil, stir again, and microwave 1 more minute. Remove from microwave and remove cover.
- Slowly add 1/2 bottle liquid fruit pectin while vigorously stirring until pectin is completely dissolved. Place one spoon in each wine glass to help disperse the heat and protect container. Ladle mixture over the spoon and into each glass. Cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator. Fills 3 large wine glasses.
- If jelly will be kept for an extended period of time, seal the top with paraffin.