I make this Jello often in the spring/summer. It looks really nice in a mold and sets up great. The fresh berries in the center of the mold makes a beautiful presentation.
- 2 cups cranberry juice cocktail (or cran-raspberry is good)
- 1 (6 ounce) package red Jell-O (black cherry or raspberry is what I love)
- 1 1⁄2 cups club soda
- 1⁄4 cup creme de cassis (I've never used but someday....) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups assorted blueberries or 3 cups raspberries or 3 cups sliced strawberries
- Stir boiling cranberry juice (heat in pan) into gelatin in large bowl at least 2 minutes (until well dissolved).
- Stir in club soda, liqueur, and lemon juice.
- Refrigerate about 1-1/2 hours or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites-I set my bowl inside a larger bowl of ice water and it takes about 20 minutes).
- Stir in 2 cups of the berries.
- Spoon into 5-cup mold.
- Refrigerate about 4 hours or until firm.
- Unmold and top with remaining 1 cup of berries in center.
This salad was amazing! Easy to make and very good. Everyone loves it. I have made it several times now and there is never any leftovers. I finally bought some creme de cassis and that makes it even better!
My favorite jello salad! I've made it several times. It's refreshing and delicious! I like to serve it as a part of the main course (often for holidays), but it also, of course, works great as a dessert. Thank you so much for posting, Roxy.
My grandchildren raved on this recipe!