Wonderful German salad that is perfect for a light summer dinner or as a starter to a meal. Healthy and Tasty! Try to use German condiments when preparing this salad for a more authentic salad. WINE: Franz Karl Schmitt Riesling Spätlese Rheinhessen Niersteiner Hipping 2001 from Germany is a perfect match! Guten Appetit!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 pencil-thin asparagus spears, washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (preferably German)
- 2 teaspoons honey (preferably German)
- 2 teaspoons sweet mustard (preferably German)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 6 cups european mixed salad greens, pre-washed and trimmed
- 1 (19 ounce) jar red beets, balls drained (preferably German)
- 4 ounces sliced paper-thin black forest-style ham or 4 ounces german prosciutto
- 6 ounces crumbled german cambozola cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 4 slices toasted german bread (e.g. whole rye, "Fitnessbrot," sunflower seed or pumpernickel)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Combine vinegar, honey, mustard, lemon juice, shallots, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in olive oil.
- 3Line asparagus on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and brush with olive oil. Roast for six minutes.
- 4Line four salad plates with European salad mix, divide beets among salads, attractively roll and arrange ham/prosciutto over salads, top each salad with five spears of grilled asparagus and sprinkle with 2 oz. Cambozola and pine nuts.
- 5Stir vinaigrette and adjust seasoning if desired; drizzle over salads.
- 6Butter toasted bread; cut each slice in half and then in half diagonally to form two triangles; sprinkle with remaining 4 oz. Cambozola and place in hot oven just to soften and warm cheese.
- 7Place four triangles around each salad and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spargelfest Salad (Grilled Asparagus & Beet Salad W/ Honey M
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 745.9
- Calories from Fat 571
- Total Fat 63.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 30.0 mg
- Sodium 758.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 14.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens