1 hr 15 mins
Asparagus season is mid-May through late-June is a common vegetable in Germany. The white asparagus is called Spargel and is particularly popular.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim, peel, and cut the asparagus into 1" pieces.
- 2Steam the asparagus for about ten minutes.
- 3Remove the asparagus and save the asparagus water to either make the chicken broth or to use in the soup and omit the chicken broth.
- 4In a large pot, melt the butter.
- 5Add the steamed asparagus and oregano. Cook in the butter for a few minutes.
- 6Add the flour to the asparagus, stir, then add the chicken broth or asparagus water.
- 7Stir again.
- 8Bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 to 25 minutes until the asparagus is soft.
- 9Remove from heat and blend until smooth.
- 10Stir in the milk or cream, then reheat but do not let the mixture boil. Season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spargelcremesuppe (Cream of Asparagus Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.9
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 39.0 mg
- Sodium 898.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 11.8 g