Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 min
Not your usaul rib recipe. But of so good and different, no marinating required at all. Read on, try it and be impressed with this dish from Thialand!
- 1 kg pork spareribs, cut into 3 cm (not racks, 1 1/4 inch)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 4 cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, finey chopped
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar (superfine)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups hot water
- 2 teaspoons cornflour (cornstarch)
- Trim pork of excess fat.
- dry fry sesame seeds til just golden.
- remove and cool.
- Grind in a food processor or morat and pestle.
- Heat oil in pan. Brown ribs over high heat, turning often until dark golden.
- Drain excess oil from pan. Add half sesame seeds with the scallion, ginger, garlic, sugar, rice wine, sake, sesame oil and water.
- Cover and simmer for 45 - 50 mins, stirring occasionly.
- Combine cornflour with a little cold water.
- Add to pan, stirring constantly until mixture boils and thickens.
- Sprinkle with remaining crushed sesame seeds.