Recipe by djmastermum
Not your usaul rib recipe. But of so good and different, no marinating required at all. Read on, try it and be impressed with this dish from Thialand!
- 1 kg pork spareribs, cut into 3 cm (not racks, 1 1/4 inch)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 4 cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, finey chopped
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar (superfine)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups hot water
- 2 teaspoons cornflour (cornstarch)
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim pork of excess fat.
- dry fry sesame seeds til just golden.
- remove and cool.
- Grind in a food processor or morat and pestle.
- Heat oil in pan. Brown ribs over high heat, turning often until dark golden.
- Drain excess oil from pan. Add half sesame seeds with the scallion, ginger, garlic, sugar, rice wine, sake, sesame oil and water.
- Cover and simmer for 45 - 50 mins, stirring occasionly.
- Combine cornflour with a little cold water.
- Add to pan, stirring constantly until mixture boils and thickens.
- Sprinkle with remaining crushed sesame seeds.