Not your usaul rib recipe. But of so good and different, no marinating required at all. Read on, try it and be impressed with this dish from Thialand!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg pork spareribs, cut into 3 cm (not racks, 1 1/4 inch)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 4 cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, finey chopped
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar (superfine)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1/4 cups hot water
- 2 teaspoons cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1Trim pork of excess fat.
- 2dry fry sesame seeds til just golden.
- 3remove and cool.
- 4Grind in a food processor or morat and pestle.
- 5Heat oil in pan. Brown ribs over high heat, turning often until dark golden.
- 6Drain excess oil from pan. Add half sesame seeds with the scallion, ginger, garlic, sugar, rice wine, sake, sesame oil and water.
- 7Cover and simmer for 45 - 50 mins, stirring occasionly.
- 8Combine cornflour with a little cold water.
- 9Add to pan, stirring constantly until mixture boils and thickens.
- 10Sprinkle with remaining crushed sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spareribs With Sesame Seeds
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 832.3
- Calories from Fat 618
- Total Fat 68.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 200.0 mg
- Sodium 458.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 39.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: