Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 50 mins
Spice it to your own liking by adding more hot sauce.
Make and share this Spareribs With a Chili and Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs pork spareribs
- 1 (40 g) packet chili seasoning mix
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- hot sauce
- Roast the ribs at 400°F for 30 minutes until well browned (I cut the ribs up).
- Remove from the oven, lower the heat to 350°F.
- Remove ribs from the tin, drain off all the fat, line the tin with parchment paper and replace the ribs in the roasting tin.
- Mix together the seasoning mix, garlic, sugar, honey, hot sauce and the water, pour over the ribs.
- Cook covered with foil for 40 minutes, uncover and cook for another 30/40 minutes until the ribs are tender and the sauce is reduced.
- Put the ribs on a plate and the sauce in a small sauce pan.
- To the sauce add two tablespoons cream and the tomato paste, bring to the boil.
- Sample the sauce and add more hot sauce and maybe cream.
- Drizzle the sauce over the ribs and serve.
excellent sauce for the pork, i made this recipe using 6 pork chops. i browned them on the stovetop about 3 mins per side, meanwhile i prepared the sauce ingredients. i added it to the pan and baked it as directed, but for 20 mins, turned them over and baked for 10 minutes more. i took it out of the oven, removed the chops, heated the sauce to boil and reduced by 1/2, then i added the cream and tomato paste, until reduced. served the sauce over the chops and basmati rice.