Top Review by Mysterygirl
Okay - I did fudge a bit - I didn't dredge my bacon in flour...just fried it....I also fixed this in the crockpot using country styly ribs...but the flavor was great. The house smelled so good all day. I served this with mashed potatoes and german style green beans(another recipe on the site). It was a very filling German-style comfort food meal. DH & I at the kraut & pork on sandwiches the next evening for supper and those were tasty too.
- 32 ounces sauerkraut, canned (2 cans)
- 3 lbs spareribs, country style
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 6 beef bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 10 slices bacon, rolled in
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and drain the sauerkraut.
- Place sauerkraut in large 4-quart casserole.
- Add 2 quarts hot water.
- Add uncooked spareribs, paprika, bouillon cubes, caraway seeds, and pepper.
- Cook covered, over low heat, 3 to 4 hours.
- Fry floured bacon slices.
- Break bacon into sauerkraut.
- Remove bones from the sauce before serving.
- Serve with dark bread and steins of beer.