Asian inspired tender pork ribs loaded with fresh ginger, scallions, water chestnuts, garlic, and black beans. For extra crunch & color you can add pea pods, broccoli, red peppers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs pork spareribs, cut into serving size strips
- 3 slices fresh ginger, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons preserved black beans, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 stalks green onions, sliced diagonally in 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 cups water or 2 cups soup stock
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1Mash beans, ginger and garlic.
- 2Heat peanut oil in wok or frying pan.
- 3Salt and pepper ribs and sauté in oil. Drain excess fat and turn ribs frequently. Add black bean mixture when ribs are lightly browned. Mix well. Add stock, stir and cover. Reduce heat when mixture begins to boil and cook 25-30 minutes. Dissolve cornstarch in water to thicken. Add soy sauce, sugar, scallions, water chestnut and cornstarch to ribs and mix well.
- 4Continue cooking 1-2 minutes.
- 5Just before serving, add sesame seed oil and mix. Top with seeds.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spareribs in Black Bean Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 893.6
- Calories from Fat 640
- Total Fat 71.1 g
- Saturated Fat 26.0 g
- Cholesterol 221.1 mg
- Sodium 971.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 50.7 g