Prep 3 hrs
Cook 45 mins
A friend of mine gave this to me many years ago...hope you enjoy it!
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs lean spareribs
- 1 inch fresh gingerroot, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (to taste)
- 2 ounces sherry wine
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- Combine all ingredients.
- Marinate ribs 1-2 hours. (It may get too strong if you soak it longer).
- Boil in sauce 45 minutes, then broil.
- Bake in a single layer 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes.
I marinated the ribs for about 5 hours and then followed recipe exactly. I found it way too salty and way too sweet at the same time. Although, I think it will be a good recipe if I just cut down the sugar and soy sauce next time around. Will try again with adjustments.