Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Dry rub seasoning for spare ribs.
- 29.58 ml salt
- 29.58 ml ground black pepper
- 9.85 ml cayenne
- 14.79 ml cumin
- 9.85 ml allspice
- 29.58 ml chili powder
- 44.37 ml paprika
- 9.85 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml dry mustard
- 14.79 ml onion powder
- 14.79 ml Old Bay Seasoning
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 78.07 ml molasses
- Mix molasses and sugar together stir.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Use rub generously on spare ribs (I prefer cooking slowly at 200°F for about 4 to 5 hours, wrapped in heavy foil, finishing on outdoor grill with favorite barbecue sauce).
- Rub is sufficient for two to three full rack of ribs.
- I have retained juices from cooking as extra sauce when serving ribs.
I love this rub! It's always a hit. It works equally well on ribs and chicken, and I personally don't need to add any other sauce to the meat when I use this rub. I like this rub so much, I've even tried to make savory cookies with it... Ubfortunately, that did not work out as well ;)
Made for a memorial bbq it was an amazing hit. It says 4-6 servings but the rub covered 8 pounds of ribs.