Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Dry rub seasoning for spare ribs.
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- Mix molasses and sugar together stir.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Use rub generously on spare ribs (I prefer cooking slowly at 200°F for about 4 to 5 hours, wrapped in heavy foil, finishing on outdoor grill with favorite barbecue sauce).
- Rub is sufficient for two to three full rack of ribs.
- I have retained juices from cooking as extra sauce when serving ribs.
I love this rub! It's always a hit. It works equally well on ribs and chicken, and I personally don't need to add any other sauce to the meat when I use this rub. I like this rub so much, I've even tried to make savory cookies with it... Ubfortunately, that did not work out as well ;)
Made for a memorial bbq it was an amazing hit. It says 4-6 servings but the rub covered 8 pounds of ribs.