Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A delicious Caribbean sauce with mouthwatering ribs from the Royal Caribbean magazine.
- 3 lbs meaty pork ribs, cut into individual ribs
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 14 ounces crushed pineapple
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- Blanche the ribs in simmering salted water for 30 minutes; drain.
- In a medium sized saucepan, combine the brown sugar, sherry, vinegar, ginger and Worcestershire sauce, and salt.
- Bring to the boil, add the crushed pineapple with the juice and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in hot pepper sauce and coconut.
- Arrange ribs in a baking pan, brush generously with the sauce.
- Grill under pre-heated grill for 8 min, turn and grill the other side for 8 minute.
- Brush frequently with the sauce, and ensure that the meat is cooked.