Recipe by PanNan
A Greek side dish that goes very well with roasted chicken or other plain meats. Based on a recipe in Sofi's Aegean Kitchen by Sofi Lazarides Konstantinides.
Top Review by katew
Fabulous and versatile dish !! Can be a side or add chicken etc to make a risotto style dish or bind with an egg and bake for a rice pie - loads of possibilities. I used home grown spinach and parsley, even the lemons came from my trees so it was a perfect dish for me to discover. made for ZWT9.
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1360.77 g fresh spinach, washed, trimmed, and coarsely chopped
- 354.88 ml long-grain white rice
- 44.37 ml finely chopped fresh dill
- 473.18 ml water
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large pot.
- Saute the onions until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and saute until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Add the rice, dill, water, salt and pepper. Stir thoroughly, and cover. Simmer about 15 - 20 minutes until the rice is cooked and the liquid is absorbed.
- Serve warm, garnished with lemon wedges.