1/5 Photos of Spanokorizo (Spinach and Rice Casserole)
A Greek side dish that goes very well with roasted chicken or other plain meats. Based on a recipe in Sofi's Aegean Kitchen by Sofi Lazarides Konstantinides.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a large pot.
- 2Saute the onions until soft, about 3 minutes.
- 3Stir in the spinach and saute until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- 4Add the rice, dill, water, salt and pepper. Stir thoroughly, and cover. Simmer about 15 - 20 minutes until the rice is cooked and the liquid is absorbed.
- 5Serve warm, garnished with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanokorizo (Spinach and Rice Casserole)
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.7
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 187.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 10.2 g