Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe that I found in Quick & Healthy by Brenda Ponichtera. It's a really great entree for lunch or dinner. It also makes a great breakfast. When made using Egg Beaters, this recipe is only 1 point per serving. When made with regular eggs, it is 2 points per serving.
- 4 cups zucchini, unpeeled and shredded
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Spray a 10-inch skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Saute first three ingredients until zucchini is tender.
- Drain off any liquid.
- Add chiles.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Add to the zucchini mixture and cook until the eggs begin to set.
- Broil just until top is golden.
- Serve with salsa.
I only used 3 cups of zucchini because it looked like a lot of zucchini for 4 eggs. I also tamed this down a little by using only 2 tablespoons of green chilies because young children were going to eat for lunch. I used Pace Picante Sauce medium blend to top the frittata. Made for *Every Day is a Holiday 2009* game.
A wonderful taste with just enough kick to it. Made as a breakfast treat on this beautiful Saturday morning unfortunately the element on my stove let go and I couldn't finish this under the broiler-not your fault-or mine-it happens. Made for Aussie RS#29.
Very nice frittata. I actually used leftover Zucchini since it had the same ingredients of zucchini, onions and garlic. I used seasoning salt in place of table salt with great results. I also added a few dots of ricotta around the top of the frittata (since I need to use it up). I found cilantro leaves to be a great accent to this dish. Thanks for a tasty breakfast. Made for MAKE MY RECIPE. Thanks