This is a very simple and tasty tapa recipe from Cadiz. Posted for Zaar World Tour III.
Make and share this Spanish Tortillitas De Camarones (Shrimp Cakes) recipe from Food.com.
- Mix the flour and the eggs in a bowl.
- Add water and stir into a smooth batter.
- Add scallions, parsley and shrimp.
- Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Let stand to rest for half an hour or more.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan.
- Spoon in about 2 tablespoons of batter at a time, flatten with the back of the spoon into a thin pancakes.
- Fry on each side until golden.
- Serve immediately.
- *note*: I ask Chef Kate if she used Pam for her griddle method. Here is her reply:.
- "Just dry--using the smooth plates of an electric waffle iron with removable plates-I got it good and hot and then cooked them, letting them cook on one side and then turning only once - No sticking and really delicious and a lot less calories and fat.".