Recipe by Annacia
This is a very simple and tasty tapa recipe from Cadiz. Posted for Zaar World Tour III.
Top Review by Nif
This made a lot more than what I expected! I made as directed except I put 1/4 of the batter aside before adding the shrimp and added cooked chicken to the small amount for my one son. Probably not the healthiest dish to make but darn good!!! These would be awesome for appetizers and you could use whatever you want in it. I have to admit that I loved the large chopped shrimp! Made for my fellow Chef Gone Wild for ZWT8. Thanks Annacia! :)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1 bunch scallion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb shelled small shrimp, chopped
- ground pepper
- olive oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flour and the eggs in a bowl.
- Add water and stir into a smooth batter.
- Add scallions, parsley and shrimp.
- Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Let stand to rest for half an hour or more.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan.
- Spoon in about 2 tablespoons of batter at a time, flatten with the back of the spoon into a thin pancakes.
- Fry on each side until golden.
- Serve immediately.
- *note*: I ask Chef Kate if she used Pam for her griddle method. Here is her reply:.
- "Just dry--using the smooth plates of an electric waffle iron with removable plates-I got it good and hot and then cooked them, letting them cook on one side and then turning only once - No sticking and really delicious and a lot less calories and fat.".