1/14 Photos of Spanish Tortillitas De Camarones (Shrimp Cakes)
This is a very simple and tasty tapa recipe from Cadiz. Posted for Zaar World Tour III.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the flour and the eggs in a bowl.
- 2Add water and stir into a smooth batter.
- 3Add scallions, parsley and shrimp.
- 4Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- 5Let stand to rest for half an hour or more.
- 6Heat olive oil in a frying pan.
- 7Spoon in about 2 tablespoons of batter at a time, flatten with the back of the spoon into a thin pancakes.
- 8Fry on each side until golden.
- 9Serve immediately.
- 10*note*: I ask Chef Kate if she used Pam for her griddle method. Here is her reply:.
- 11"Just dry--using the smooth plates of an electric waffle iron with removable plates-I got it good and hot and then cooked them, letting them cook on one side and then turning only once - No sticking and really delicious and a lot less calories and fat.".
Browse Our Top Spanish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spanish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Tortillitas De Camarones (Shrimp Cakes)
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.0
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 82.3 mg
- Sodium 183.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 6.6 g