1/1 Photo of Spanish Tortilla-Ww 2 Pts (Core)
In Spain, tortilla most commonly refers to an omelet, not the flat bread we know. This variation on the classic adds spinach to the basic egg-and-potato combination. Add a tomato salad as a side dish and this would make a perfect brunch dish. It is best served at room temperature. This is a recipe I have yet to try. It is from the Weight Watchers-1996- Cut The Fat Cookbook. Therefore prep/cooking times are approximate. This recipe is 2pts if you are doing Flex, and it is a CORE recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 10 ounces potatoes, diced and cooked
- 10 ounces spinach, trimmed, washed, cooked, chopped and squeezed dry (or one 10 oz package thawed frozen chopped spinach, squeezed dry)
- 1 cup fat free egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1Place large nonstick skillet over medium heat 30 seconds.
- 2Add oil; heat 30 seconds more.
- 3Add onions; cook, stirring often until the pale gold, about 7 minutes.
- 4add garlic; cook 1 minute more.
- 5Add potatoes, spinach, egg substitute, parsley, salt, pepper, thyme and nutmeg.
- 6Reduce heat to low.
- 7cover and cook until set and browned on bottom, about 10-15 minute.
- 8Loosen edges with knife and turn out onto warm platter, or serve directly from skillet.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Tortilla-Ww 2 Pts (Core)
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.2
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 464.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 11.4 g